The Truth – Dentistry
In today’s modern world, Quality is often overpromised and seriously under-delivered!
Being afraid of the dentist is not shameful…it’s a right to be treated kindly!
Waiting is not a room or policy…your time is valuable! You will be seen on time!
Dentistry does NOT have to cost an arm and a leg. Payment options are always available.
WHAT WORKS FOR YOUR DENTAL HEALTH…
Your teeth can last a lifetime with QUALITY AND COMPETENT DENTISTRY. Your work should not have to be replaced or fixed every few years! Insist on quality care.
Link: Comform Dental Guarantee
PROPER CARE should be emphasized by the dental team at every appointment. Brushing and flossing is usually NOT enough to maintain proper dental health.
Link: Brushing & Flossing
QUALITY DENTAL CARE IN TODAY’S WORLD
Your dentist should provide you with the best that modern technology has to offer.
Quality is such an overused word in a world where things are dispensable and people are viewed as $$ Dollar signs and not individuals. Every day we see dozens of patients with unhappy results with their previous dental care. Such is often the case for many patients who have spent hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars on dental care that they thought would last a long time and without problems. Many disappointed patients come to our office seeking competent and experienced dental care so that their investment provides long-term service.
Many of our patients come to our office because they are simply fed up with poor and unprofessional dental care.
The bottom line is this: Competent, professional, and skilled dental care provides long term cost savings, fewer dental visits, and decades of service!
OUR TEN (10) DENTAL COMMANDMENTS AND YOUR DENTAL BILL OF RIGHTS:
- You have the right to: A thorough Exam! A proper and complete examination is the blueprint for future success of your dental health. The doctor must thoroughly evaluate your previous medical and dental history in order to see what may be affecting your current dental and medical health. Often, we consult with your physician to make sure that no contraindications to treatment are advised. Again, the first visit examination must be dictated by a very important factor: The Doctor must not rush! We take extra time to make sure that all dental and medical problems are discovered before they become expensive to treat.
- You have the right to: being informed of any suspicious or life-threatening conditions in your mouth! The Doctor must perform a thorough cancer screening and be able to use adjunctive technology, such as Vizilite for any suspicious areas. All cancer screening should also include external body parts, especially the face, neck, lips, glands, etc.
- You have the right to: a complete and adequate set of X-rays. This set must be able to show all root endings and proper alignment of teeth. How do you know if you have received the adequate XRs required? Simply ask to see any lapping over (crossing over) of tooth areas on bitewing XRs (BW XRs). Such cross-over is unacceptable and leads to poor diagnosis. We are always glad to show you the XRs and we always make sure that the BWs look like the second photo, not like the 1st . The rest of your XRs must show full detail of all of your roots and bone. A Panorex XR is also recommended.
New Denture Fabrication Improper BW XR, does not show spaces between teeth where cavities form Proper BW XR, shows areas between teeth and allows dentist to evaluate previous dental work
- You have the right to: A full gum assessment. This is done via periodontal probing of your gum tissues in order to determine bone loss and areas of possible gum infection. This must be coordinated with analysis of proper bitewings. Our Soft Tissue Management program is one of the finest and most comprehensive oral health programs in the country. We are overly meticulous with the hygiene needs of our patients and go out of our way to provide basic cleanings, gum care, and advanced surgical treatment as needed. Click on this link to also learn more about our nonsurgical gum care: Peridontal Disease
- You have the right to: NOT have headaches, jaw pain, facial pain, ear aches, bite problems, or other dysfunction. A comprehensive examination must be performed in order to see how your teeth function together. Often, this part of the examination leads to potentially bigger issues, such as jaw joint problems, headaches, ear aches, neck pain, etc. Bad bites normally lead to poor results during and after dental care (i.e. broken or loose crowns, ill-fitting partials, sensitive teeth, etc.) A TMJ analysis must be done in order to rule out potential damage or problems to your jaw joints. Popping, clicking, or grating sounds can shows such issues, however absence of these problems does not necessarily mean that you may NOT have a TMJ problem. Often, migraine patients have no joint pain or sounds, yet they have extensive degeneration of the jaw joints. Visit our website www.migraineheadachepain.com for more info. Every patient receives a comprehensive jaw and TMJ examination when they visit our office.
- You have the right to: white and straight teeth. A cosmetic evaluation should be done in order to provide you with the best that modern dentistry has to offer. Whiter, brighter, straighter teeth are the first avenue towards beauty and self esteem.
- You have the right to: proper dental knowledge and hygiene measures. The majority of our patients have never received adequate home care instructions and the advice that you may have received about your dental care is often wrong. In fact, most of the time we find that patients have been taught or given completely inadequate and wrong information about how to care for their mouth. For example, toothpicks are the best tool to use for preventing gum disease. Floss is not enough and is usually inadequate for maintaining periodontal health, for many patients. Many mouthwashes cause more harm than good. Visit our page: Bad Breath Cure for more info.
- You have the right to: be able to chew, speak, and swallow without difficulty and without pain. If you cannot eat ice cream or drink cold water, you have a problem which can be easily resolved. If you have issues in your mouth that affect your speech, you have the right to fix this problem. You do not have to live with basic problems as they can be easily corrected.
- You have the right to: a detailed and written estimate of your dental needs. This treatment plan must include all possible future needs and expenses. We listen attentively to YOUR needs and desires and address these issues in order to be able to provide the best possible future care for YOU. You will always know what your immediate needs are and you will always be aware of your future care. We will not begin any dental work if you are not comfortable with your cost. You also have the right to the best possible dental care that you can afford…the type of dentistry that does not have to be remade and the type of care that provides endless years of satisfaction.
- You have the right to: Comfortable dental visits that are not scary! At our office we believe that the patient is always in control of their appointments. We do NOT perform any dentistry if the patient feels any bit of discomfort. We treat everyone as though we are treating ourselves. If you are afraid of the dentist, there are many new techniques to be able to help you overcome your fear. Sedation Dentistry can help get you over this fear. Please ask us for more details.